Retreat is a school wide event (all students and staff attend) and it is required as those are counted as school days. It is a wonderful time of bonding, prayer, fellowship, and fun for our student body and faculty.
High School Speaker: Scott Pope, Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Middle School Speakers (DCS Teachers): Dr. Locke, Mr. Coley, and Mr. Schmidt
Important Information for Parents
- Students arrive at 10:30 AM, Tuesday, 10/3, and depart from DCS at 11:00 AM
- Students must bring a bag lunch as lunch is not provided.
- Students will be transported by coach contracted from "His Majesty Coach" Busses. We are not contracted to use the onboard restroom facilities – it's a short trip 1.5 hr trip to and from SharpTop Cove
All students must comply with DCS student handbook rules & retreat policies
- Retreat Medical Staff: Keith Schumacher, Paramedic/EMT & EMS Supervisor with Atlanta Fire-Rescue
- All medications prescribed for students must be released to DCS front office by Wednesday, 9/27. Retreat departure (10/3). Mrs. Jewell will distribute medication at Sharp Top.
- Please supply three (3) days dosage in the original prescription bottle with directions.
- "Permission to administer medication" form must be on file with DCS. Forms and medication must be turned in to the office by 9/27.
- Sharp Top Cove: 706.692.5635
- Lisa Stansel, Retreat Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Lightner, Principal, email@example.com
- Lori Jewell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Raines, email@example.com
Thursday Arrival Time Back to DCS: All students will arrive back to DCS campus on Thursday between noon and 1:00 pm. The school will be closed for the afternoon. Students should be picked up at 12:30pm.
Monday, October 2 – NO SCHOOL (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
Friday, October 6 – NO SCHOOL